Back to The Deliverance Manual – Main Menu
Back to Free MP3 Audio – Main Menu
Back to New MP3 Audio Added This Month
Back to Gene & Earline Moody – FREE MP3 Audio
New – LHBC Camp Meeting Coming – New
Every day there will be personal ministry.
Come & get the help you want & need!
Jesus is Your Deliverer !
Call and reserve a bed: 501-525-8204 – CSTime.
87LHCD9-3 – Gene & Earline Moody – DRUNKENNESS & GLUTTONY
These are areas of severe bondage to many Christians. Throughout the Scriptures, God looks at these two sins identically. He expects that our lives to line up with his Word, and that we make no excuses. Lay aside your doubts and fears and press forward into full liberty in these areas. Extensive deliverance ministry is included with this teaching.
DRUNKENNESS AND GLUTTONY
LIST OF SCRIPTURES
Gen. 9:20-25 (Drunk – Naked – Cursed son)
Lev. 10:9 (Priest)
Lev. 17:10-11 (Do not eat blood – blood sausage.)
Num. 11:4-6 (Lust for food, hated God’s manna)
Deut. 29:18-21 (Great wrath of God – curses for disobedience)
I Sam. 25:36-37 (Very drunken – paralyzed – died)
I Kings 20:12, 16 (Drunk kings – lost battle)
Job 15:27 (Fatness of face and flanks)
Psalm 69:22 (Trap)
Psalm 75:4-8 (Wine)
Psalm 78:29-31 (Slew the fattest.)
Psalm 104:10-18 (Wine)
Psalm 106:14-15 (Leanness of soul)
Proverbs 9:1-6 (Wine)
Proverbs 20:1 (Mocker)
Proverbs 23:2, 21 (Appetite – Gluttony)
Proverbs 23:29-35 (Sting like snake)
Proverbs 25:16 (Vomit honey)
Proverbs 31:4-7 (Dies)
Ecc. 10:16-18 (Drunkenness of Princes and King)
Isaiah 5:11-13 (Inflamed)
Isaiah 5:22-23 (Wicked)
Isaiah 24:9, 11 (Judgment)
Isaiah 28:1-3 (Pride)
Isaiah 28:7-8 (Tables full of vomit and filth)
Ezekiel 44:21 (Priest shall not drink wine.)
Hosea 4:11-13 (Whoredom and wine caused them to err.)
Joel 1:5 (Howling and weeping for wine)
Nahum 1:10 (Drunken as drunkards)
Habakkuk 2:15-16 (Drunkenness for sex)
Matt. 24:48-51 (Drunkenness and gluttony – not aware)
Luke 21:34-36 (Surfeiting and drunkenness – not watching)
John 6:26 (Seeking Jesus for food not for worship)
Rom. 13:11-14 (Rioting and drunkenness)
I Cor. 6:9-13 (Drunkards shall not inherit the kingdom.)
Gal. 5:19-21 (Drunkenness and other works of the flesh)
Eph. 5:15-20 (Drunk with wine)
Phil. 3:18-19 (Whose god is your belly)
I Thes. 5:4-8 (Drunken in the night – thief will rob)
Titus 2:3-5 (Be sober – not given to much wine.)
I Peter 4:1-3 (Excess of wine and banquetings)
Lev. 17:10 (Boudan sausage is made with blood.)
Numbers 11:4 (Lust for food.)
Job. 15:27 (Fatness of face and flanks.)
Psalm 69:22 (Table is a snare.)
Psalm 78:29-31 (Slew the fattest of them.)
Psalm 106:14-15 (Leanness of their souls.)
Proverbs 23:2 (Put a knife to your throat.)
Proverbs 23:20-21 (Poverty for drunkard and glutton.)
Proverbs 25:16 (And vomit it.)
John 6:26 (Seek Jesus, not food from Jesus.)
Phil. 3:18-19 (God is belly.)
GENERAL – I am a serious person about the Lord. This is a serious lesson. I will try to start off on a humorous note. “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.” Earline and me rush in where preachers fear to tread. We have discussed starting an organization called “Cowards for Christ”. We could even have a chapter called “Cowardly Preachers”. We could have millions of members. Now back to a serious vein. Paul said that he declared the whole truth to the people in his day. That is what we should do in these modern days.
How many of you believe that you should avoid the hard sayings of the Bible? I want to talk to you about an area that most preachers shun. It is hard on men of God as well as women in general. I don’t have the preachers’ problems about your leaving the church if your ears are not tickled or quit giving to the church if your toes have been stepped on. One of the hard sayings of the Bible is that drunkenness and gluttony are the same! You will either love or hate us.
AMERICANS MUST CHANGE THEIR EATING HABITS! – Jeanne Paul, Nurse Anesthesiologist, sent us the following horrible statistics about illnesses that are happening to modern men, women and children because of the way they eat. Do you live to eat or eat to live? You can not eat like the Devil and live like the Lord.
1. 80 million Americans are overweight. 30 million are obese (20 % above ideal weight). 30 to 50 % of these are Christians. 50 % of males over 30 and 75 % of females over 40 are overweight.
2. Some chronic conditions comparing normal to overweight people follow:
Cholesterol gallstones are 300 % more frequent.
Toxemia of pregnancy is 700 % higher.
Infection of urine collecting part of the kidney is 500 % greater.
Diabetes Mellitus is 400 % more common.
There are more maternal deaths.
Infections are 200 % more frequent.
Postoperative mortality is 250 % greater.
High blood pressure is found 250 % more frequently when you reach age 45.
3. Over consumption of meat, fats, sugar, cholesterol, salt and alcohol have been linked with a higher incidence of six of the ten leading causes of death in the U.S.: heart disease, cancer, strokes, diabetes, arteriosclerosis and high blood pressure.
4. Turn of the century Americans were eating 4 pounds of sugar a year; today we consume 130 pounds per person per year – some statistics put it as high as 200 pounds because of the different type sugars being added to most prepared foods.
5. Readers Digest, September, 1987 stated that Americans eat 3 million gallons of ice cream per day and 3,000 tons of candy per day.
6. 20 % of the American diet is now sugar. At the turn of the century there were very few diabetics; now there are 10 million with 600,000 new cases annually.
7. 20 years ago they never heard of hyperactive children; now there are 1 million.
8. Many pre-school children have rotted-off teeth.
9. At the turn of the century, people died most often from bacterial-type disease. Now they are dying from degenerative disease: diabetes, cancer, heart disease and strokes. Then 1 in 13 had cancer, now 1 in 3 and by 1990, 1 in 2. The age of chronic disease onset is much earlier.
10. The annual death rate from hardening of the arteries and degenerative heart disease in the U.S. for men age 50 to 59 is the highest in the world. Many accident victims and young men killed in Vietnam had the arteries of 55 to 60 year olds. The most common surgery in men under 55 is coronary by-pass surgery:
2 to 5 % die on the operating table.
42 % are back in two years for more heart surgery.
47 % are dead in 5 years.
11. There are now more children born with plugged arteries and children having heart attacks by age 5 to 6 years.
12. In 1912 the first heart attack was reported. Now 1 million Americans have heart attacks per year and spend 5 billion dollars trying to recover. Heart disease is not world wide. South Africa has to import American doctors to teach them how to treat tourists who have heart attacks.
13. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company has shown that a man 45 years old, who increases his weight by 25 pounds over standard weight, reduces his life expectancy by 25 %, i.e. he dies at age 60 instead of 75.
14. Every pound of fat you add to your body forms and must nourishapproximately 3/4 mile of blood vessels and flush them with blood every 5/6th of a second. The extra burden on the heart has statistal results as follows:
70 % of the new cases of hypertension are directly attributed to weight gain.
For every 10 pounds a man puts on, his blood pressure raises 6.5 points systolic (top number).
30 million Americans have high-blood pressure.
15. The American Cancer Society says that at least 60 % of cancer is diet related. 90 % of colon cancer could be avoided with fiber. Breast cancer can be greatly reduced by lowering sugar, fat and caffeine consumption.
16. The American Heart Association suggests the percent of calories from fat must not exceed 25 to 30 %. The average for Americans now is 40 % and some think much higher.
17. People are misled by the polyunsaturates in margarines and oils. You must look for hydrogenated on the label which is simply eating plastic. The only way the body can handle this is to deposit it in the arteries.
18. 30 % of American women have osteoporosis and that is a world record. Many factors are involved such as low calcium intake, birth control pills, less weight-bearing exercise and higher consumption of phosphoric acid ( the fizz in pops). The onset of this disease is much earlier after the 30’s and even some men are developing it.
GLEN MILLER – LAKE HAMILTON BIBLE CAMP – Glen Miller, the leader of Lake Hamilton Bible Camp, is writing a booklet about what the Bible says about the food we eat. This lesson is primarily about how we eat.
EARLINE’S TESTIMONY – The following is a summary of her testimony:
1. After casting out the demon, “I Like To Eat”, I told God how I had tried dieting and I knew that was hopeless.
2. I was told obedience is better than sacrifice, and I knew how to eat but was not doing it. Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, not much meat and very little sweets is the basis of a proper diet.
3. Asked if I’d do what I was told, I assured God that I would. He said that food can be divided into two groups: God’s and Devil’s. Devil’s foods include sweets to excess, junk food, and liquids which are mostly empty calories.
4. It’s not bad manners not to eat sweets or any other food when you know your body has not used up the last meal. I was intelligent enough to know if I truly needed food.
5. Here are the rules in summary:
a. Eat fruits and vegetables; include leafy greens.
b. Do not eat much meat – three or four servings weekly.
c. Don’t eat unless you truly need to.
d. Don’t let others stuff you.
e. Seldom eat sweets.
f. Almost never eat junk food.
g. Remember those whose God is their belly.
h. Cook all foods simply.
i. Use little fat and cut fat from the meat.
6. Earline lost about seventy pounds and weighed less than she did when we got married and after she had two children. I got a new wife!
CONCLUSION – You can be healed by God or cured by a doctor. You can mentally discipline your body. Your demons can be cast out in the name of Jesus. You can ask God to help you control your weight. There are no excuses (mentally, physically or spiritually) for being overweight in the Bible!
LIST OF DEMONS TO CAST OUT IN THE NAME OF JESUS
Forgive those who have rejected you and caused you to seek food and drink for comfort. Ask God for forgiveness for drunkenness and gluttony, and any other addictions such as drugs and medicines. Then break curses and demonic ties on us because of our ancestors who are drunkards and gluttons. Finally, cast out the following lists of demons.
Start with Basic Deliverance: Rejection/Bitterness/Rebellion, then Drunkenness/Gluttony, Drugs and Medicine, Ungodly Spirits and finally Common Demon Groupings.
Compulsive Eating, Medications for Drunkenness
Frustration, Addiction to Alcohol
Diet Pills, Flashback
Addiction to Food, Craving for Alcohol
Cravings for Particular Foods, Addiction to Any kind of Beverage
I Like To Eat
Back to Deliverance Manual – Main Menu
Back to Free MP3 Audio – Main Menu
Gene & Earline Moody – FREE MP3 Audio